We offer a comprehensive training and membership package for beginners. The 2020 course had to be suspended due to Covid 19 but we are running a course in 2021 using virtual sessions and limited practical meetings. Those who signed up for the course in 2020 have been offered the opportunity to start the course again. We have also had a lot of interest from people who want to take up beekeeping this coming year and that means we are now fully booked for the 2021 course (but please see contact details below if you are interested in learning about beekeeping in case there are any cancellations).
For reference, the package in 2021 comprises:
- Beginners theory classes via Zoom run weekly from 27 Jan 2021 for eight weeks.
- An afternoon practical ‘starter’ session at the Association Apiary near Ludlow on 2 May 2021 (subject to weather and Covid restrictions).
- Mentoring advice through an active season
- An afternoon practical wrap-up session at the Apiary, probably in mid-September – date to be confirmed later in year.
- The BBKA ‘Guide to Beekeeping’ book
- Full Membership of the L&DBKA for one year
- BDI diseases insurance for 2 hives for one year
- Full Membership of the BBKA for a year, which includes 12 copies of the BBKA News Magazine sent by post
- The fee for taking The Basic Assessment in a subsequent year, after you have kept bees for a full season, is also included
The whole package costs £90.
If you are interested in learning about beekeeping, please get in touch with the Training Group using this contact form: Training Enquiry