We offer a comprehensive training and membership package for beginners. In 2021 we ran a course using virtual sessions and limited practical meetings and we plan to offer the same format for our 2022 course. See contact details below if you are interested in learning about beekeeping.
For reference, the package in 2022 comprises:
- Beginners theory evening classes via Zoom run weekly from Wednesday 2 February 2022 for eight weeks.
- A mid-course social get together at Ashford Carbonel Village Hall in early March (exact date TBC) and an afternoon practical ‘starter’ session at the Association Apiary near Ludlow in May 2022 (subject to weather and Covid restrictions).
- Online advice
- An afternoon practical wrap-up session at the Apiary, probably in mid-September – date to be confirmed later in year.
- The BBKA ‘Guide to Beekeeping’ book
- Full Membership of the L&DBKA for one year
- BDI diseases insurance for two hives for one year
- Full Membership of the BBKA for a year, which includes 12 copies of the BBKA News Magazine sent by post
- The fee for taking The Basic Assessment in a subsequent year, after you have kept bees for a full season, is also included
The whole package costs £90.
If you are interested in learning about beekeeping, please get in touch with the Training Group using this contact form: Training Enquiry